Wednesday, June 3, 2009

UP! UP! AND AWAY!!

The rising equity markets have lots of investors smiling.

20% here, 30% there. I'm really looking forward to bankelele's quarterly performance review come month-end. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I think I'l keep my portfolio holdings to myself for now though.

The question on many-a-mind is how soon the indices will top some psychological marks; The Dow is about 250 points short of the 9,000 mark and locally, the NSE is 150 points from the 3,000 level.

Confidence may be up but the NSE woes are still alive and well; essentially eroding the investing public's belief in the system. With renewed confidence I only hope the 'NSE Dons' won't toss out the needed reforms saying, "don fix it if it ain't broke".

By the way, who's for a capital gains tax on the NSE?




Afrigator

Kenyan Blogs Webring Member

2 comments:

  1. Quoting you "By the way, who's for capital gains tax on the NSE?"

    You gotta be kidding, right? I'm all for paying taxes. But if I had my way right now, I'd be paying 0 taxes. I totally feel like I get minimal value for what I pay already. Like maybe 18% VAT could do that and/or more? Some great roads, public hospitals, public transportation system, would convince me otherwise re: capital gains tax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Kidding on the tax thing!
    Well founded arguments can be made on why CGT should be implemented but lets leave that for another day.

    ReplyDelete